Author Topic: Goodrich of Vermont/New York  (Read 5203 times)

texasmarie

• View Profile
Goodrich of Vermont/New York
« on: February 04, 2010, 11:13:57 AM »
This family is driving me crazy.  I'm looking for information on Frank Goodrich Born 1846 New York, died 1920 ? (think Ohio), but buried in Plymouth Notch cemetery .  He served in the 3rd Calvery, New York in the Civil War.  Married Margaret Provo.

I believe he had a brother named Zebulon born 1837, he is also in Plymouth Notch I find them both in 1900, 1910 Vermont census, but there idea of where their parents were born changes from New York to Wales!!!  Looking for any info on this family.

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vtcplymo/NotchInventoryG-K.htm

Thanks
 :rotfl:

deloresgfa55

• GFA Trustee
    • View Profile
Re: Goodrich of Vermont/New York
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 23:12:07 PM »
Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Goodrich Family Association.  Your search has too many variable results to narrow it down as is.  Frank is a popular name and there are many Frank Goodriches.
Unfortunately I didn't find anything additional to fit your search criterion except another grave listing that says Margaret Provo is the wife of Frank S. Goodrich.

You may be better served to conduct this search from your end of the line, starting with your parents and grandparents and work up from those known dates and places.
If you would like to send me your  known generations and facts that go with them I would be happy to take another look.

Sincerely,
Delores (gfagenealogy@yahoo.com)

texasmarie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 17:18:04 PM »
Let me try this again:

My mothers Father:

Thomas J. Goodrich born 1877 in New York or Canada, depending on which Census or record you look at.

His Father was FRANK GOODRICH.  Born 1846 in Malone, New York.  Died  Dec 1920 in Manitou, CO, according to the cemetery book of Ludlow, VT.  He is buried in Ludlow, VT.  I'm working on trying to find a deat Cert for him.  I cannot find him in the 1920 Census

This is where I'm stuck.  From the records I have been searching it appears Frank had a brother named ZEB GOODRICH, born March 1841, Malone, New York.   ZEB is also buried in Ludlow, VT.   ZEB's death Cert states his father Was SAMUEL GOODRICH.   The Ludlow Cemetery book also stated Franks father as Samuel.

Zeb and Frank can be found living close together in 1900 and 1910 Vermont Census.  In 1920 my Thomas J Goodrich is living close to Frank.

You now have all I have.

deloresgfa55

• GFA Trustee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 21:17:05 PM »
Hello there,

Thank you for the additional information. I have viewed this Frank's gravesite and double monument, and the monument photo shows Frank S. Goodrich b. Mar. 19, 1846, d. Jan. 12, 1920 age 73, his wife Margaret N. Provo b. Jul. 16, 1857, d. Mar. 26, 1926, and his military service.  With so many Frank Goodriches listed, the middle initial helps. See the gravesite monument photo for the exact wording. There is a  Zebadee Goodrich grave listed also, that additionally lists a son Zeb Samuel.  I didn't find any connection between these two and Frank S. and Margaret, though.

You can view the Plymouth Notch Cemetery, Windsor County Vermont, monument photo and gravesite of Frank S. and Margaret N. at www.findagrave.com

I hope you find this information useful.
Regards,
Delores

pollypita

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 06:41:23 AM »
Hello,

Both Frank Goodriches are direct desendents of mine.  There were 2 Frank Goodriches.  One was my great grandpa, the other my great, great grandpa.  I am a born Vermonter & still currently reside there.   I have some other information but am still missing bits and pieces.

Thanks
From VT

texasmarie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 10:51:26 AM »
PLEASE contact me.  I'm currently in SLC doing research on the Goodriches.  My on the road email is texas7marie@hotmail.com.  I'll be here until this Friday.  I'm stuck because in the 1880 census I find my Thomas J with Frank of 1846, but he is not stated as a son or a relation of any sort :help:.  As Franks wife at that time is only 20 and my Thomas is 2, and there is another son, Charles 8 months, I'm beginning to think my Thomas is not his son!  I'd love to talk to you! :help: