Author Topic: Goodrich Propeller Company and Joseph Goodrich  (Read 5941 times)

DougGoodrich

• View Profile
Goodrich Propeller Company and Joseph Goodrich
« on: January 14, 2007, 20:07:09 PM »
I found the attached stock certificate at the Connecticut Historical Society.  I believe the buyer (Joseph Goodrich) to be the same Joseph Goodrich who was a missionary in the Sandwich Islands (Hawaii) and who later moved to Illinois to continue his missionary work.  But what is this Goodrich Propeller Company, and who was the president (signature appears to be Joseph Goodrich - is that a different J.G., or did he issue the stock to himself??). 

Has anybody come across this company?

Matt_G

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Goodrich Family Association
Re: Goodrich Propeller Company and Joseph Goodrich
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 09:40:06 AM »
Hi Doug,

Delores informs me that we may have some information regarding this in our files.
I am in possession of those files right now, in preparation of digitizing them and extracting the pertinent information out of them for input into the database.
I will take a look and see what I can find in the next few days.

My time is limited right now, due to having a puppy in the house.
Little guy is about 5 handfuls.  :lol:

I will get it done by the end of the week though.  :cooool:
Matt
Database Compiler and Webmaster
www.goodrichfamilyassoc.org

DougGoodrich

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 17:28:01 PM »
That would be great.  I previously posted queries about this on the Ancestry.com board, and I also wrote to the Wisconsin Maritime Museum.  No luck on either front. 

FYI - I also have a picture of Joseph Goodrich 2nd's (the stock purchaser's) signature (attached), and it does not look like the signature of the Propeller Company's president.  Joseph had a son named Joseph - maybe the son owned the Prop Co.  It will be interesting to see what you have in the files.

Kittens would be much less trouble, you know  ;)

Matt_G

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 21:04:49 PM »
Kittens would be much less trouble, you know  ;)

Yes that's true but I love Rottweilers. What can I say...   :p
Matt

Matt_G

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 14:17:43 PM »
Doug,

I am not finding anything here regarding a Joseph Goodrich connected to the Goodrich Propeller Company. :(

However, I have to say that that doesn't mean there isn't anything here. The sheer volume of paper I have here is mind numbing. :cringe:
I could have easily overlooked something or just never saw it in the first place. As I go through all this paper and scan it, I will have a much better idea of what I actually have, because to be perfectly honest, right now I am pretty clueless along those lines.  :lol:

I'm sure that down the road I will come across something that will help you out. Problem is, I can't say when that will be.  :sad:
You can be assured though that I will not forget about this inquiry, and will be keeping both eyes open for anything that will help you out.
Matt

DougGoodrich

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 18:07:58 PM »
Thanks for looking, Matt.  I'm sure something will surface eventually.   :wallbash: