Author Topic: Ensign William Descendents on the Confederate side?  (Read 2540 times)

Idahodoc

• View Profile
Ensign William Descendents on the Confederate side?
« on: March 22, 2011, 09:09:22 AM »
It's pretty clear that I'm an Ensign William and John descendent through Joseph Goodrich of Milton to my mother, to her 3 sons, and to the daughter of my brother).  As a complete novice in geneology, I wonder if there's any record of descendents on the Confederate side in what so often is called the "War of Rebellion" in Goodrich literature.  While the vast majority of relations seem to have been very strong for the Union and there seems to be fairly recent (revisionist?) speculation that the Milton House was a stop on the underground railroad, it seems only logical that somebody in this huge family fought for the Confederacy.  Thanks, Idahodoc

deloresgfa55

• GFA Trustee
    • View Profile
Re: Ensign William Descendents on the Confederate side?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 14:43:50 PM »
You can view 173 records of Confederate Goodrich soldiers listed at http://www.itd.nps.gov/Personz_Results.cfm

Delores

Scrappinsusan

• View Profile
Re: Ensign William Descendents on the Confederate side?
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 01:16:10 AM »
It's pretty clear that I'm an Ensign William and John descendent through Joseph Goodrich of Milton to my mother, to her 3 sons, and to the daughter of my brother).  As a complete novice in geneology, I wonder if there's any record of descendents on the Confederate side in what so often is called the "War of Rebellion" in Goodrich literature.  While the vast majority of relations seem to have been very strong for the Union and there seems to be fairly recent (revisionist?) speculation that the Milton House was a stop on the underground railroad, it seems only logical that somebody in this huge family fought for the Confederacy.  Thanks, Idahodoc

My research said that Solomon Goodrich was a Union soldier.  I am also a descendent of Ensign William.