Author Topic: The Southern Branch  (Read 3834 times)

TSGoodrich

• View Profile
The Southern Branch
« on: September 19, 2011, 20:01:52 PM »
Most of what I see in the marvelous newsletter (thanks to all of you whose efforts go into this) and the postings here seem to relate to the Goodriches that settled in Connecticut and other parts of New England.   My grandfather, Charles Landess Goodrich, was born in 1878 in Fayetteville, Tennessee.  His ancestors were from Virginia, mostly Brunswick and Prince George counties, as far back as the mid 1600's.   I was just wondering if there were discussions or fora around this branch of the family and how the various branches were connected.
Thanks!

deloresgfa55

• GFA Trustee
    • View Profile
Re: The Southern Branch
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 22:15:12 PM »
Let's do it!
Send your grandfather genealogy information to me and we will put something Tennessee-Virginia together for the next Quarterly.

If you look further down the forum, there is another Virginia discussion. 

Thank you for your nice comment about the Quarterly, our Editor works very hard at it.

Delores

gfadelores @verizon.net (no spaces)

GregoryGoodrich

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 22:29:28 PM »
I, as well, noticed that much of the lineage in the book surrounds the Goodriches of the Northeast and New England.  I was hoping to find something that stated which Goodrich migrated to the South.  My Goodrich family is from Southern Ohio and North Central Kentucky. I would love to hear about how the Goodriches ended up in the Cincinnati and North Central Kentucky regions. Believe it or not, I don't think anyone in my family has ever created a family tree. Maybe that's a project I could start.

deloresgfa55

• GFA Trustee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 19:51:17 PM »
Hello, thanks for cueing us in that your interest is Goodriches
in central Kentucky and Southern Ohio. Unfortunately this is far too wide a subject
to cover in this forum.  What we need is one or some specific Goodrich names to 
search for in those locations and then we may be of better assistance? Any names
and dates would be helpful. Or, you can send the information directly to me at
gfadelores@ verizon.net
(no spaces) and I will get back to you with information we may have.

A few example names: Hiram O. Goodrich, b. 1849, Ohio, resided Davidson, TN in 1930
            Hiram C. Goodrich, son of James and Julia Goodrich, was b. in
               Dover, Ohio, d.  in Nashville, TN.
            Sarah Goodrich, wife of Saunders Goodrich, lived in Kentucky
Regards, Delores

nsradloff

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 15:33:45 PM »
I need information on Levi Goodrich who moved to Jackson County Ohio. He is referred to in census reports as senior.  Specifically, was the Levi Goodrich born in1813 and buried in Byers Cemetery his son?