Author Topic: Goodrich family in West Virginia (VA)  (Read 9517 times)

GJGoodrich

• View Profile
Goodrich family in West Virginia (VA)
« on: May 12, 2009, 22:13:00 PM »
Hello,

I am looking for more information on the arrival of the Goodrich family in West Virginia (VA). I have James D Goodrich (c.1854) married to Pasha Cole and that's about it. Would anybody have any further information.

Thanks!

Greg Goodrich

DMackey

• View Profile
Re: Goodrich family in West Virginia (VA)
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 13:54:57 PM »
Greg,
See my posting farther down the page below yours: "Seeking Conn.-Marshall Co., Va./W.Va. Goodrich connection." Are we talking about the same James Goodrich? If so, I'd be interested in exchanging info with you.
David

sslimak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 08:18:10 AM »
James Dudley Goodrich is my great great grandfather. He married Patience Cole (1861-1929). They had 8 children together. George Silas their second being my Great Grandfather. James D. Died in 21 Jan 1928. I am looking for information on his parents. James Goodrich who is listed as being born in Ohio, but I believe that it is Ohio County W.Va in 1830. He was married to Barbara Elliott and they had 5 children. There might be a connection to James Goodrich who married Elizabeth Ogle from Conn. Feel free to contact me if you need more information or have any to share!

dbgoodrich

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 22:01:42 PM »
Also trying to track down WV Goodrich line.

(James?) Dudley Goodrich married to Patience Cole is my great-great grandfather, his son Jefferson being my great-grandfather.
I am also trying to chase down his parents. Where did you find the information about his father and mother? Have you found any other information?

Other info I have:
    Jefferson was born in 1891, married to Hyleanne Utt 5/13/1914, died 11/12/1963. He had at least 5 kids, Wilbert, my grandfather being one.

Thanks!

David
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 23:05:42 PM by dbgoodrich »

GJGoodrich

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 01:28:57 AM »
James D. Goodrich married to P. Cole had Dudley Goodrich who was married to Rushie McCumbers who had Delford Goodrich. That is my line.

deloresgfa55

• GFA Trustee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 17:59:08 PM »
The Goodrich Family Association has recently received access to West Virginia vital records. We now have , for instance, photocopies of marriage licenses of Dudley Goodrich and Jerusha Mc Cumbers,
Delford Goodrich and Eleanor Starcher, Jefferson Goodrich and Hyleanna Utt, James D. Goodrich, who at age 70 married Daisey Ellen Williams, age 21, etc.  Death certificates include Pasha Goodrich and James Dudley Goodrich. These certificates include additional family information. For additional information, contact Delores at gfagenealogy@yahoo.com

pdb

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 00:05:42 AM »
Hi, I'm new here. I'm looking for the parents of Mary Ann Goodrich, w/o James Dunham. She was born in 1814 in ohio ,wed on june 23, 1839  and died 12-08-1893 in Wetzel co. wva. There is a Nelson Goodrich listed in the census also b. in Ohio. Her second child was named George Dudley Dunham and in his obit he states that his mothers name was possibly spelled Gutteridge and he thought she was German. Also my line descends from her son Nelson. I don't have any real connections yet, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

DMackey

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 18:33:39 PM »
PDB,

George Dudley Dunham's death certificate (W.Va. Vital Records) says his father, James Dunham, was born in Pa., and his mother, Mary Ann Goodrich, was born in Marshall Co., W.Va.
I've gathered a lot of information on the Goodrich family in Marshall Co. (before 1835, part of Ohio Co., Va.), but have not come across her name yet.
You mention Nelson Goodrich as a possible parent. I've found 6 children for him, none of them Mary. There seems to have been movement back and forth across the Ohio River, as other Goodrich family members -- including my g-g-grandmother Minerva Goodrich Purdy -- were born in Ohio but lived as adults in Marshall Co. I still haven't identified her parents either.

David

pdb

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 20:39:41 PM »
david
I misspoke, the mention of Mary Ann Goodrich Dunham was in the History of Wetzel co. It is a bio of Millard Dunham, his paternal grandparents were Anthony Dunham and Catherine Yoho.  Their parents were James Dunham and Mary Gutteridge and George Yoho and Sarah Cook.  In the 1880 census, Mary Ann Dunnum(sic) is living with Nelson, her son, my gr-grandfather. Her father's b-place is NJ and mother's is Md. I can't find it now, but I also have a bio on I think it is Walter her gr-son, who says she was German and Gutteridge was a German name. Also on  another census ,I think it's for Anthony, or George her sons, they list their mother as being born in Germany.  There is a Nelson and Nathan Goodrich in Marshall at the same time  that I thought were her brothers, but on the later censuses, their father is listed as Conn. There are a lot of Goodriches in Ohio at her time of birth, but I would think she would have to have been close to WVA to have meet James Dunham, so I against a wall right now. I've been on hiatus because of illness, so my files are scattered, so my project is to organize! I've probably muddied the waters, but maybe there's something you can use.
PDB