Author Topic: Crest/Coat of Arms  (Read 6981 times)

pjpoppins

• View Profile
Crest/Coat of Arms
« on: September 20, 2009, 22:12:21 PM »
Hi new to the site.  Just wondering if anyone knows how to find the original Goodrich crest or how to find yours from your lineage.  I know there are dozens of sites that will print one on a mug for you but how do you know if it's legit.  Thanks.
P.S. Goodrich's from Portland, CT area.  I haven't started researching much but would love to get involved.

deloresgfa55

• GFA Trustee
    • View Profile
Re: Crest/Coat of Arms
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 21:21:14 PM »
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.  Our area of expertise is genealogy of the Goodrich and variant spellings families.
We are currently in process of compiling the new Goodrich Genealogy.  If you have any genealogy questions, send along your
Goodrich ancestors and dates and we would be happy to look up
any information we may have in our Goodrich Family Association records.

Heraldry is outside of our area of expertise.  You may find further information on the subject with a web search.
Good luck.

Regards,
Delores
gfagenealogy@yahoo.com

pjpoppins

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 09:31:55 AM »
Okay thank you.  I will be in touch with information but right now I really don't have much.  I need to tap some of my older family (and I hate to say it, but before it's too late.)

GJGoodrich

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 01:23:02 AM »
A grant of arms are not automatically matriculated. The "Goodrich" arms were issued to one person who applied for them. Under British heraldry law only that person has the right to it's use. The companies that sell mugs, etc are only out for your money.

Here are some links about Heraldry from the source:

http://www.lyon-court.com/

http://www.college-of-arms.gov.uk/