Author Topic: John R Goodrich  (Read 827 times)

Wolfman

• View Profile
John R Goodrich
« on: June 18, 2016, 19:02:43 PM »
  :help:  John R Goodrich born 1828 -1830 TN died 1902 Arkansas... My Great Grand Father Confederate Prisoner of war 1863 Battle of Port Hudson Married to Sara Ann Daniels  Their, Son my grandfather Patrick Henry Goodrich . There is a lot about my GGrandfather and then nothing past that,  only parents from TN or NC brick wall for years!!! any help would be great !!

TSGoodrich

• View Profile
Re: John R Goodrich
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 14:34:33 PM »
Greetings, Wolfman -

In June of last  year you posted this on the Goodrich Family Association site:

"John R Goodrich born 1828 -1830 TN died 1902 Arkansas... My Great Grand Father Confederate Prisoner of war 1863 Battle of Port Hudson Married to Sara Ann Daniels  Their, Son my grandfather Patrick Henry Goodrich . There is a lot about my GGrandfather and then nothing past that,  only parents from TN or NC brick wall for years!!! any help would be great !!"

I'm wondering if in the intervening months you've been able to find more about John R.   My own branch of the Goodrich family came to Tennessee from Virginia probably around 1820 and settled in and around Fayetteville in the south central part of the state.  My great grandfather, John Thomas Goodrich (1844-1917) also fought on the Confederate side and was captured but managed to escape.   In researching his time in the war, I came across the Confederate Veteran magazine, which was established in 1893 and - get this - is still published today!  The archives up to 1932 are in the public domain; just do a google search for confederate veteran archives and you should get there. 

If you have further information and wouldn't mind sharing, I'd appreciate seeing it.  In any case, good luck with your searching.

Tom Goodrich
Palo Alto, CA